Paper Airplanes: Tutor Coordinator

 Growing as an International Leader

I volunteer at Paper Airplanes, a nonprofit organization that provides English tutoring to individuals affected by conflict in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region. After working as a tutor, I now work as a tutor coordinator, managing a group of 40 tutors from across the globe.

This role has been a great opportunity for personal growth. Because PA is a nonprofit, many of its leaders are volunteers who don't have the capacity to teach me exactly how to do my job. So, I was able to be innovative and think of the ways I thought it would be best to help my group of tutors get to know their students and teach English effectively.

Through this job, I hosted webinars and answered countless emails. One of my favorite things that happened while volunteering was when I wrote a recommendation for a tutor for the JET Program, a prestigious international teaching program in Japa, and the tutor got it.









Comments

Popular Posts